Tuesday 12 January 2021

SLJ Activity 8


This is my paper boats I love doing stuff like this. I did make them both out of different types of paper the green one was made out of card and the red one is just normal printer paper. I thought because the paper is dyed it would die the water but it didn't and I was kinda shocked. I ended up timing them as well the red one lasted 11 minutes and the green on 15 minutes. I think the green one lasted longer because it is thicker paper and could handle the water where the red one was thinner and just soaked it right up. Over all I thought it was a fun activity to do I just found it hard to make the boats.
 

1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Lilly

    Benjamin here from the SLJ.

    Tau kē! I love the way you’ve approached this activity Lilly. With a lot of curiosity and intrigue! Do you consider yourself a naturally curious person?

    That’s interesting what you said about the dyed paper not dying the water. I would have never thought of that. I wonder if the paper manufacturers use some type of glue to make sure the colour sticks to the paper?

    Cool to know also about the different times that the boats took to sink. They lasted longer than I would have thought, but still not long enough to get very far if you were a tiny person sailing your paper boat :O.

    All the best with your blogging Lilly,

    Mā te wā

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.